24.3.15

Theory time

There are elements of ourselves which are saved in a permanent file in our brain.
Meaning: When we stand without thinking something in particular. When we make coffee or wash the dishes, when we sing three specific lines from the same song all day long, without realizing we are doing it. These elements exist while we do all those things, simultaneously they are there. They share brain space with everything. Some things come and go but these stay. For example: I'm twenty-two, I have two siblings, Roman, Natasha, Dee, creative writing and film, Greece: elements, characteristics, data, standard.
Immovably.
 
There are other elements of ourselves though, which are not conscious for no reason.
For example: Back in Greece, I have a dog, Delilah. I keep forgetting her.
I like taking pictures. I didn't realize that until very recently.
I've been to Paris. If someone asks me, I'll probably say no.
I act like I don't have a dog and I act like I've never been to the Louvre and although I've got both of these elements, I live my life not carrying this extra knowledge that a dog and Paris may have given me. 

No comments: